These daily paintings are available in my Etsy Shop. Links available over on the right or in the blog posts themselves.

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Pemaquid Retreat

Maine Coast 1
I have just returned from a painting retreat at Pemaquid Point in Maine. We had 3 beautiful days, warm and sunny, and one very rainy day. This painting is from day 2, the rocks at Pemaquid. When we arrived at this location on Saturday the fog was so thick you could see nothing beyond the shore line. Gradually the fog lifted. The top half of this painting is fog not water. I painted this with very thick Golden open acrylics on a 6 x 6 panel on which I had put a textured surface of gesso. It has a lot of texture.  I will add more paintings to this series in the studio. This piece is available in the Daily Paintworks Auction. To bid click on the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment